After two years of research, writing, and soul-searching, we are beyond excited to announce that Lily-Jo’s debut book Talking to Children About Mental Health will be available to purchase on January 19, 2023.
About the Book
Talking to Children About Mental Health is a practical guide to help adults understand the unique mental health challenges facing children, teenagers, and students today.
Some of the key themes covered in the book include:
- Anxiety and cancel culture
- Self-esteem and self-harm in the digital world
- Climate anxiety and global grief
- Post-pandemic stress disorder
- And more!
Suitable for parents, grandparents, teachers, youth workers and anyone in a position of care or interested in the future of mental health, this book offers tools, exercises and resources to support the next generation.
To learn more about the research behind the book, visit www.thelilyjoproject.com/research.
About the Author, Lily-Jo
Lily-Jo is a UK-based pop singer, songwriter, and qualified counsellor.
Fusing her passion for music and helping people live their lives to the fullest, she founded the award-winning mental health platform The Lily-Jo Project in 2017 and currently serves as the platform’s Director and Executive Producer.
Over the past two years, Lily-Jo has been interested in the unique mental health challenges facing Gen Z and Alpha.
For Lily-Jo’s workplace well-being resources and services, check out Unstoppable Life Coaching.
What People are Saying
“We met The Lily-Jo Project during lockdown when she stumbled across the club and asked to film some pieces to use as resources for childrens mental health. What an incredible person, doing incredible things. I’m sure this book is going to be so valuable for so many.” – Kiera and Aimie, founders of Feel Good Club.
“An important book out later this month from the wonderful Lily-Jo and The Lily-Jo Project.” – Loretta Andrews, author of Talking to Children About Race
Recent Interviews and Press Appearances
- The Mirror: ‘I’m a counsellor – here’s one line to tell your kids about cost of living this Christmas’
- Morning Star: Government must provide more support for children’s mental health, counsellor warns
- BBC Radio Manchester: Social Media with Lily-Jo and Asma Younus
- BBC Radio 5: Cost of Living Crisis with Lily-Jo and Laura McGhie
- BBC Radio London: Cost of Living Crisis with Lily-Jo and Jumoké Fashola
- BBC Radio Manchester: Cost of Living Crisis with Lily-Jo and Joe McGrath
Order Your Copy Today!
This book has been such a labour of love for Lily-Jo and the team over the past year, and we are so proud that we get to kick-start 2023 by sharing it with you!
If you have any questions or feedback – feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com and we’d love to hear from you! To stay up to date with the latest news and developments, give us a follow on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn