The Lily-Jo Project is devoted to eliminating the stigma surrounding mental health through music, digital resources, and community engagement.
We firmly believe that when exposed to the basic principles of mental health from an early age, kids are empowered to:
- Be proactive about maintaining good mental health into adulthood
- Ultimately reach their full potential and achieve their dreams!
The Problems We Face
1 in 5 people have suicidal thoughts, 1 in 14 people self-harm, and 1 in 15 people attempt suicide. We believe that this is far too many.
Here are a few key underlying problems:
• 75% with a mental health condition start developing it before 18.
• Teachers and parents lack quality mental health resources.
• Support services are overwhelmed, have long wait times, and require a referral.
• Existing mental health curriculum does not resonate with kids and teens.
Sources: *Mind, MFHA England, MQ: Transforming Mental Health
We empower teachers to:
- Address the very basics of mental health and mental health hygiene.
- Help students build positive mental health habits.
- Cultivate a classroom culture of positivity, kindness, and empathy.
In addition to the very basics of mental health, our curriculum also covers the following topics:
- Resilience &
When possible, we also take our message out into the world by hosting:
• School assemblies
• Workshops &
At each event, our goal is to have an honest conversation about mental health, making sure students understand:
• How to look after their own mental health.
• What to do and where to go if they are struggling.
To drive home the message, we utilise music, dance, and activities to make learning about mental health fun and memorable.
To enquire about our in-person workshops and to book a date in the diary, please get in touch with Pete at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our trustees help us plan, think strategically, and stay focused. With their generous support and guidance, we can make sure that The Lily-Jo Project makes the right decisions for the future.
Rebecca Fidler – Estar Bennett – Adam Shardlow – Charles Morgan
Building a sense of community and connection with other people is so important to us. If you are interested in volunteering, sharing your story, becoming a partner, collaborating on a project, or donating, please get in touch with us by sending an email to: email@example.com.